Friday, August 10, 2012

Focus



People tend to be oblivious to others lately. We think it's rudeness or lack of courtesy for our fellow humans, but it's this fog we are all in. We are just focused on ourselves and not others around us.  I was on line at Subway getting lunch yesterday and there were 12 people in front of me. I noticed 10 of them attached to  their phones. I am thinking about becoming a chiropractor to treat all the people with wretched necks from staring down at their cell phones for 20 years. The subway sandwich artist (yes, that is actually what they call them) had to say "can I help you" three times before the person stopped  texting to give him the order. This guy went back to texting and was actually getting annoyed every time the "artist" interrupted him to ask what condiments he wanted. A work of art was being created right before his very eyes and he didn't care. He also didn't care that his lack of attention to the matter at hand was causing me to get increasingly aggravated. I also notice when I am leaving a parking lot and I let people walk in front of me they just casually take their time crossing. When someone lets me go I wave thank you and actually run to get to the sidewalk. I must be an idiot. I would like to think I am polite and considerate and appreciative of the person...whoops..hold on...I just got a text...

Daily Theme Song:
Focus - Hocus Pocus http://youtu.be/NGaVUApDVuY

1 comment: