Saturday, August 11, 2012

Pet Sounds


There is nothing like living in the suburbs with a big backyard but nothing makes it better than having pets. Maybe a dog or two, or a cat or three. My wife loves animals and we have collected a few pets of our own. I don't want to say how many or you might call Animal Control. It's not that bad. 3 small dogs, 2 cats, 4 guinea pigs, a rabbit and a finch. Before you judge me, keep in mind that  somewhere in Mastic there is a house with 37 dogs and 42 cats and it's only a matter of time before they end up on the news. It's always the same story. There is always some exotic animal included. "Tonight's news; A woman in Mastic was arrested today for hoarding animals. She had 47 dogs, 52 cats and an Emu". I always say "An Emu? how cool is that? How did she get an Emu? I want an Emu." I am not condoning keeping exotic pets or loads of pets. Many of these hoarders think they are doing the right thing for these animals but they really aren't. It's very sad that there are so many abused and unwanted animals. I can't go to the animal shelter. I am one of those guys who would come home with all of them. Our pets are part of the family. So, if you have pets, treat them like you would your own family. Abuse them emotionally, criticize everything they do and hold grudges until they die.

Daily Theme Song:
 The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds http://youtu.be/NQo8MrOeAv0


No comments:

Post a Comment