Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Misery


We all wake up everyday with a decision to make. Are we going to be happy or miserable? I understand both of these emotions because I make the same decision. What bothers me is some people want you to feel the same as they do. If I choose to be miserable for the day the last thing I need is some happy peppy moron in my face trying to cheer me up. I am miserable, leave me alone, unless you want to join in on my misery. I have no problem with people who want to be a part of my gloominess. Nothing makes me feel better than another person complaining with me. It actually feels better than being happy with someone. I also find misery gets my creative juices flowing. Deep depression has given birth to my best ideas. That explains why most of my best writing took place in my 40's. That was one miserable decade. People try to fight depression with drugs and therapy. I say bring it on. It's important to feel like crap. It's good for you. If you feel depressed or sad, there is nowhere to go but up. If you're always happy, that's the best you are going to feel. What good is that? There are enough books about how to be happy to fill the state of Kansas. Who wants to be happy all the time. That is just boring and stupid. You are in a happy mood today? Get the hell out of my face. Happy Tuesday? Screw that. Miserable Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday sounds much better to me. Talk to me on Friday. Maybe then I will smile, but don't count on it. I feel better already.

Daily Theme Song:
The Beatles - Misery http://youtu.be/YSUz9iNVU7Y

1 comment:

  1. The more miserable people, the more clients for me! Thanks for keeping me working, you miserable curmudgeon.

    I do agree with you, I like feeling all emotions, not just the "happy all the time" bologna. A good sulk is good for the soul.

    ReplyDelete