Monday, August 27, 2012

Welcome To My Nightmare


Another fantastic week of comedy gigs has just passed. I have a dream, just like anyone. It's nice to have a dream of something bigger than yourself. I am not sure how to live without some goal in mind. The curse of having a dream is watching it start to come true. Whenever you have a little piece of your end goal come into fruition, it's nearly impossible to resist the urge to go "all in." There are days when I wish I had the guts to just pack it all in and get an RV and just travel around broke and free. I am in the entertainment field and it's difficult to concentrate on anything else. Performing is my drug of choice. The problem is I can't do it all the time, yet. I am not sure if I want to for fear that it may become that four letter word, "work." My dream is making the rest of my life a nightmare. I can't go a day without thinking about a future performance date or dates. I get depressed if I don't have enough dates booked. I have a fear that it may all come to an end. People don't understand the torture I am going through. Part of me wants to quit and end the madness. Funny thing is every time I think about quitting, something good happens. I like to think it's somebody up there keeping it going. Some divine intervention. It might be Freddie Krueger.

Daily Theme Song:
Alice Cooper - Welcome To My Nightmare http://youtu.be/IKpEoRlcHfA

No comments:

Post a Comment