Tuesday, August 21, 2012

My Little Runaway

Every morning on my way to work I see the same woman running. This has been going on for years. I notice her because I leave the same time every day and she is always at around the same spot. She lives in my neighborhood but I wouldn't recognize her without her sweatpants, earbuds, and sweaty tank top. She is getting thinner as time goes by. I guess the running program is helping to keep her in that shape. I don't know why she is running so much. I imagine it's for health reasons. Maybe she is  training for a marathon to fight breast cancer, kidney disease, diabetes, heart disease, ALS, or any other ailment that people feel the need to run for. Maybe it's just something she enjoys doing. I wave to her once in a while. She never waves back. Maybe she doesn't see me or she doesn't want to break her concentration.  I wonder what she is listening to on her I-Pod. I would imagine it's something that keeps her moving. Dance music or some old disco. She looks to be around 50 years old. I think Lionel Richie fits the bill, or Celine Dion. Hearing Celine Dion would make me run in the opposite direction. I hope she achieves her goals and wins what ever she is trying to win. A longer life maybe? She seems to be spending a great deal of her life running. One day, if I ever see her in a still position I will ask her why she runs. She might find my inquiry odd, get scared and run away from me. I would never catch her. I don't run. I drive. Because I have a car.

Daily Theme Song:
Del Shannon - Runaway http://youtu.be/0S13mP_pfEc



No comments:

Post a Comment