Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Inner Light

When I hit the big 50 I started thinking about exercise. I've never been a big fan of scheduling time each day to exercise. I joined a gym once, years ago, went a few times but found it smelly and uncomfortable. I bought a treadmill at a yard sale down the block. I actually pushed it to my house, about 500 feet away. That was the last time I used it. I took a Yoga class at the local elementary school. Went twice, pulled a stomach muscle and spent the next 6 weeks skipping class and going to the library across the street. I even tried meditation. Searching for that Inner Light I always hear about. I would play Enya music and just try to relax. I fell asleep. Not sure if that counts as meditating. Apparently you have to have a mantra. Something to blank your mind and keep you focused. What would a middle aged man's mantra be? Ommmm do not drive or operate heavy machinery ommmmmm if you had heart failure or experience diarrhea, constipation, swollen feet, burning during urination, hommmmmmmmm decreased sexual activity, suicidal thoughts, feelings of hopelessness, ohmmmmm  muscle aches, nausea, consult your doctor Om Mani Padme Hum (that's the name of my doctor.)

Daily Theme Song:
George Harrison - The Inner Light http://youtu.be/7oSuzEqHOcE


No comments:

Post a Comment