Sunday, August 19, 2012

Jesus Is Just Alright

Sunday is Church day for a lot of people. Especially in the suburbs. There are lots of churches of all denominations. I was raised Greek Orthodox. As a boy, I didn't understand what that meant other than I went to a different Church than my other friends. They were Catholic. They went to Catholic school .They would tell me horror stories about the nuns beating them. To this day, I am afraid of nuns. I have never been beaten by a nun, but apparently they have the propensity to kick ass. Throughout my adult life, I have not been a regular Church goer. I only go for weddings, funerals, baptisms, confirmations, and that's about it. You can watch church on television. I always find that interesting. There is channel that just shows Church 24 hours a day. Who is watching Church on television? Not me. I can't imagine a friend calling me up "Stevie are you watching the game?. No way man, Church is on. It's the season finale. I think Jesus is coming back this episode." I wonder what would happen to Church if Jesus did come back. It would be over wouldn't it? Isn't that what everyone is waiting for? The Church would be out of business. There wouldn't be much point after Jesus came back. "Hello Father Bob, no Church today? "Nope, Jesus is back, so I guess we are done here." Many believe if Jesus comes back, we are all done here. Who knows. Maybe he did come back, and they are hiding him. If Jesus came back he would put alot of people out of work. I am not here to be anti-religion so don't get mad at me. Jesus wouldn't be mad at me. I like Jesus. I've always been a fan. I'm alright with Jesus and Jesus is just alright with me. Oh yeah.

Daily Theme Song:
The Doobie Brothers - Jesus Is Just Alright http://youtu.be/s3aYJibxMOQ

No comments:

Post a Comment