Thursday, August 2, 2012

Lost In The Supermarket

As I was roaming around my local Stop & Shop I couldn't help but notice they sell patio furniture. There was a full sized table, four chairs, and an umbrella, next to the firewood and beer. In all my years spending way too much time in a supermarket, I have never seen anyone buy a patio set. How would you fit it in the wagon? I imagine you would have to contact one of the managers, whose headshots appear on the wall of fame, to help you bring it to your car. Why do they need a headshot for the managers anyway. Do these folks actually go to a professional photographer and get 8X10's made up? "Yes, I am the produce manager at Waldbaums. I would like a photo session which includes 25 poses and 3 changes of clothes." If I had to do that I would be as creative as possible. Maybe wear a head of lettuce as a hat? or just sitting in a pile of Rutabaga, Parsnips and Radicchio. If I was the head of the meat department I couldn't resist hanging meat all over me, replicating The Beatles famous butchered babies album cover (I wish I had that). If I was the store manager of King Kullen, I would wear a crown and maybe a kingly robe. Why the hell not? I say if you have a job that requires a name tag why be depressed. Make it interesting.

Daily Theme Song:
The Clash - Lost In The Supermarket http://youtu.be/qsrEAWcAvRg

No comments:

Post a Comment